vrijdag 19 juni 2009

Kindness

In een recente blogtekst schrijft Havi Brooks over die 'onverwachte vriendelijkheid' die we soms mogen ervaren, bij onszelf of voor anderen. Kan ik zelf ook hierin bijdragen ? vraagt ze zich af.

I’m wondering what I could be doing to plant little unexpected kindnesses in the world.

In my business. On my blog. In my relationships. In my daily encounters and interactions.

I’m sure, of course, that some of the best little unexpected kindnesses just emerge naturally. And I can see how planning kindness could seem kind of manipulative or contrived.

But there’s also an element of mindfulness and intention to making this a practice, and that can be pretty powerful.

Because committing to unexpected kindness as a life practice is not manipulation. It’s actively cultivating a more conscious relationship with yourself and the world around you.

Ze heeft volkomen gelijk. Vriendelijk zijn lijkt misschien onnatuurlijk voor wie het niet gewoon is. Je kan het leren. Begin bij jezelf. Vriendelijk zijn - echt - voor jezelf. Want als je het voor jezelf niet kan zijn, kan je het niet opbrengen voor een ander, of het is fake.


Misschien vind je de volgende teksten ook interessant :

Geen opmerkingen: